Getting better

I am still low-energy as a result of having a cold last week. I stayed home for three days and rested since I was running a low-grade fever. If I were only a little bit sick like this in the US, I would just ignore it and plow on, so it is frustrating how debilitated I feel by being a little bit sick. Irene brought me by a mixture of herbs and roots and citrus that is a traditional Khmer treatment for flu. We boiled it up in a clay pot and let the smoke permeate the room. I stuck my face in it to breathe it in more and ended up with a bit of a rash. That plus some Benadryl and Robitussin seem to have got the cold mostly under control.

I am also totally munched to bits by either mosquitos or spiders or ants. I can’t decide what has been biting me. I had this terrible night where I woke up and there were a dozen of these pin-head ants in my bed and then I couldn’t sleep again. No, I don’t eat in my bed, but I did go to sleep with wet hair and Ken said that sometimes the ants are attracted to water.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Katherine

Thank you for your love and service to the people of Cambodia.
My only experience with this country was during the Vietnam War when I was stationed in Vietnam and Thailand (1970-72). The USAF was sending military personnel into Cambodia in plain clothes while Pres. Nixon was denying we were there.

May you remain well and do good there. God bless.

John McCormack
UM-VIM Volunteer
Sacramento, CA